Encouraging Facility Partnerships
The Thames Valley District School Board recognizes that schools are a significant community asset and, therefore, supports partnerships with community groups and organizations to optimize the use of its facilities to benefit students and school communities. In addition, the Board is committed to providing a safe environment that will encourage student achievement.
The Thames Valley District School Board may develop an agreement with appropriate community partners when:
- building new schools;
- undertaking significant additions and renovations to schools; or
- determining the use of Board identified surplus space in schools.
At its June 7, 2010 meeting, the Thames Valley District School Board approved the “Encouraging Facility Partnerships” policy and procedure which can be accessed using this link:
At its January 22, 2013 meeting, the Thames Valley District School Board approved the following schools listed for potential Facility Partnerships:
The Board also approved the potential co-build capital construction projects:
- Sir John A. Macdonald, Knollwood Park, Lord Elgin Public Schools;
- Arthur Voaden and Westminster Secondary School and North Middlesex District High School
If you have any questions about the Thames Valley District School Board’s Encouraging Facility Partnerships Policy or Procedure, or would like to receive more information about the sites, please contact:
- Additions to Eagle Heights, Mitchell Hepburn, and Parkview Public Schools
Manager of Public Affairs and Community Relations
Thames Valley District School Board
519-452-2000 ext 20209