CHC 2D1: Culminating Activity Phase I:
Students will research, organize, and compose an argumentative essay relating to an issue or event that they consider the “Defining Moment in Canadian History” since 1945.
In addition to building knowledge, this project will advance a number of skills that are critical to the study of history, including:
· Asking questions and identifying problems
· Formulating a thesis statement and effectively using it to research an historical topic
· Using a variety of information sources effectively
· Developing a formal, persuasive, and unique writing style
· Using relevant and adequate supporting evidence to draw conclusions
CHC 2D1: Culminating Activity Phase II: Imagery Journal:
In the final phase of the culminating activity, students will choose an image that they believe celebrates what defines Canada as a nation. Please note that this image may be related to the theme chosen in the essay phase of this project. It is recommended that this image is a photograph or primary document that deals with content learned in class.
Following this selection, students will write a two page, double spaced journal justifying their choice. All work must be submitted to www.turnitin.com