Have your students create a poster to be part of the local Terry Fox Run campaign. Posters will be on display at Masonville Mall in London from August 17-26.
Top entries from each category will be submitted to the provincial Terry Fox Run annual campaign.
Terry’s family will select three entries to represent the Run in Ontario schools. Winning entries for the junior, intermediate and senior categories will be reproduced as posters and distributed to over 3,800 schools across Ontario in 2012-2013.
GUIDELINES for Teachers and Students
1. Designs should be completed on 11" X 17" (horizontal or vertical) paper in full colour. Markers, crayons, paint, and pencil crayons in bold colours are preferred.
2. Do not mention any date on the entry.
3. Do not mention or draw things such as "Run for the Cure" or breast cancer ribbons since these are associated with charities that are not affiliated with the Terry Fox Foundation.
4. Please ensure that spelling is correct.
5. PLEASE ensure that the artist's name, grade, school and school address are printed clearly on the back of each submission. Additionally, please add a home phone number &/or email address so that those entries that qualify for final voting can be contacted.
*Junior (Grades 1-5)
*Intermediate (Grades 6-8)
*Senior (Grades 9-12).
The contest begins April 12 (32 years to the day that Terry Fox began the Marathon of Hope) and runs until May 31.
Schools may send entries by TVDSB mailbag (please do not roll or fold) or may be dropped off at White Oaks PS, Bradley Ave, London during the first week of June. ATTN: Paul Cox
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Paul Cox at 519-670-7285
1. TVDSB Strategic Plan 2. Tecumseh and Laurier win film awards 3. Fresh take on a Shakespeare classic 4. 2013 Award of Distinction 5. Clarke Road student wins Brain Bee 6. Wheable student’s Tru success 7. Walk/Run for prostate cancer awareness 8. Meet the 2013-2014 Student Trustees 9. Thames Valley kicks off Education Week 10. Show you care on Toonie Tuesday 11. London South alumni return for class 12. School Within A University open for 13-14 13. Orchard Park intermediate students GetREAL 14. A.B. Lucas celebrates 50th reunion in May 15. TVDSB students off to int. science fair 16. Arthur Voaden visits the United Kingdom 17. A Principal's testimonial for The Caring Fund 18. Cartier PS class greens classroom website 19. TVDSB staff member earns Navy promotion 20. How to go green with a waste audit 21. Find your voice volunteering 22. TVDSB says “no” to unnecessary waste 23. Show you care on Toonie Tuesday 24. Recycle your old batteries 25. Reduce waste by going paperless