Video shot by Ms. Hardy's Media Class at Fanshawe College, May 2011
Westminster Highlights 2011-2012
* Our Track & Field Participants
who made it to WOSSA & then OSFAA!!
* Science Olympics June 2012 Results
Chemical Capers, Star Wars & Robotics - 1st
Stacking Cups - 2nd & 3rd
Pig Dissection - 3rd
Rural Urban Exchange with
North Middlesex District H.S. - May 15
at Covent Garden Market
ROAR for the Floor - April 30th
Fun-Raiser - London Free Press Article
Roaring for the Floor - London Community News
INSIDE RIDE for Camp Trillium
Thank you to everyone who helped with the EVENT!
Gym Floor Fundraiser - Bottle Drive
$3600 RAISED SO FAR! (updated May 7, 2012)
Track & Field
Members who did so well at WOSSA
- off to OFSSA Fri. June 01, 2012
Saeb O. is one of our senior students on the Track team.
He has been doing very well this season.
Below is a link for his gold medal WOSSA race. Enjoy! http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php?video_id=68447
* TVRA Track & Field Participants - May 17
- Saed Omar Winner & others placed
- at the St. Patrick's Sarnia Meet - May 9
- at St. Thomas Meet - May 5th.
- at RMC Meet on Apr. 30
vs. Montcalm - May 22 - loss 4-2
vs N. Middlesex - May 17 - WIN 2-1
vs Holy Cross - May 15 - Loss 1-5
vs. H.B.Beal SS - May 11 - loss 2-1
vs. Monseigneur-Bruyere (May 10) - Loss 3-1
vs. Sir Wilfred Laurier May 8 - loss 6-0
Boys Soccer Team
* TVRA Soccer Tournament May 24 - Lost in Overtime
* vs Regina Mundi -May 16 - TIE 1-1
* vs. South CI - May 14 - WIN 5-1
* vs Strathroy May 9 - WIN 4-2
* vs. Medway H.S. - May 7 - loss 2-0
* vs Beal - May 04 - WIN - 5/1
* vs Clarke Road- April 30 - WIN 2-1
Won 1st home game vs. Clarke Road (04/30)
- 1st place at the Alymer Tournament in April
WINNERS -Tournament Aylmer!
- 2nd place at the Woodstock Tournament in March
Jr. Badminton Team at TVRA:
April 23-27, 2012
John D., Anthony L., Moe E.,
Nagi B., Hanien M., & Kasha R.K.,
Jasmine M., Matt T., Keegan E.,
Alan D., Ruwa, & Matt H.
and on their success at the Quad Meet April 3rd
April 21st - Gold - PowerLifting
Two Wildcats competed at the
Huron Middlesex Regional HS Power-lifting Meet.
* Twana M competed in the 74kg weight class and
* Tyler V competed in the 83kg weight class.
Both students took home the GOLD in their weight classes
and Tyler V broke the provincial record.
** their totals won the team trophy for strongest school
in SW Ontario. Great job and good luck at the provincials!
* "Flutes" GOLD at Kiwanis (April)
MUSICFEST - Mar. 2012
* Senior Band WINS GOLD AWARD
* Intermediate Band WINS SILVER AWARD
* Choir WINS BRONZE AWARD
* The Choir who Won Bronze
April 12 - at Banting S.S.
* Shahd K. - She gave a flawless recitation of 2 poems,
this month at the Poetry in Voice competition.
(University of Toronto).
She was not chosen to move on to the final round.
We commend her fantastic performance.
Thank you to everyone who helped her prepare.
* Doha A. was one of 20 students, out of thousands
of entries from the U.S. and Canada,
to win the Legacy Project's 2011-2012
Listen to a Life Essay Contest.
Her prize is an autographed copy of "Dream"
(the award-winning book that inspired
the contest theme), a framed keepsake
of her winning essay, an MP3 player,
and $500.00 in software from EdOptions. (May 2012)
To read all the winning entries, go to:
The Westminster Dancers were blown away
by the performance of Canadian poet Shane Koyczan
Mon. April 2nd. So cool that we were able to meet Shane
and present him with a DVD of the opening piece
from our show last semester which was performed
to his beautiful poem "This is My Voice".
Bravo Shane and thank you for the inspiration!
5th place - Montcalm Tournament
Next Competition at Beal in May
* Congratulations to Paul S. who
participated In the Transportation
contest May 01 (finished in top 10)
* 1st place in both Sr. & Jr. Robots
in the Science Olympics May 24th
(for the fourth year in a row)
**Gold - Nov. 2011
Oxford Youth Robotics Competition
(3 Golds & 1 Silver since 2008)
In order to play a protected MP4 file, you must authorize your computer using Apple iTunes; this is done by entering a username and password for the account that downloaded the file.