Anti Bullying Reporting
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to ensuring that procedures are in place for dealing with a range of bullying incidents that could occur in the school environment. These procedures are applicable to all students, staff and visitors. It is expected that these procedures will help to prevent recurrences, thus making the school safer.
Southwold Public School has developed and implemented school-wide bullying prevention and intervention plans as part of their School Improvement Plan. Components of our plan includes the following:
The Definition of Bullying
Bullying is a form of repeated, persistent and aggressive behaviour directed at an
individual or individuals that is intended to cause (or should be known to cause) fear
and distress and/or harm to another person’s body, feelings, self-esteem or
reputation. Bullying occurs in a context where there is a real or perceived power
• incorporate bullying prevention procedures into the School Code of Conduct and encourage all members of the school community to report incidents of bullying;
• include the prohibition of bullying in student/school handbooks, and inform students of the prohibition against bullying, the consequences for bullying, and the reporting procedures;
• outline how bullying prevention education will be implemented throughout all grades in the school;
• establish, with a lead person, a Safe Schools Team to deal with Safe Schools and bullying revention issues.
• provide a way for students and parents to anonymously report incidents of bullying.
As a part of this stategy, we have established an online reporting mechanism that allows students to report an incident of bullying anonymously. All parents/students have a password that allows them to log in and report an incident without identifying themselves, as required by the board.
Worried about a student? Report Bullying, Teasing or Any Safety Issues.
Southwold is very proud of our efforts to continually safeguard our school grounds and hallways. The Southwold staff work very diligently to deal with any and all bullying or teasing that may occur. We are aware that often it is hard for students to report their concerns, so we have provided a way to do so anonymously.
Please click on the attachment below to report a concern or incident. Your password is 1650.
As always, a student is welcome to approach any staff member with his/her concern at any time