General School Description
Port Stanley Public School is located in the village of Port Stanley, approximately 30 minutes south of London, on the shores of Lake Erie. The original school building was constructed in 1908, and the original stone marker from that building stands in front of the current building today. The building now housing the school was built in 1972; major renovations were done in the late 1990's to change the school from open concept to closed classrooms. School hours are from 9:05 - 3:35. The school crest is a life preserver with an anchor in front of it, all in the school colours of blue and white. Our school nickname is "The Crew", which stands for Teamwork, Honesty, Effort, Consideration, Responsibility, Excellence and Work Habits. The school motto is "Set Sail for the Future."
350 Carlow Rd., Port Stanley, Ontario, N5L 1B6
Phone number - 519-782-3983
Fax number - 519-782-5508
Principal - Mr. Tim Hill
Secretary - Mrs. Debbie Sutherland
The Port Stanley School Goal is to improve student literacy and numeracy throughout the school.
Sports: Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Field, Soccer. Clubs: Art & Chess Club. Music: Band & Choir.
Gotchas: Students are awarded "Gotcha" awards for their efforts in support of our school goals and the characeter traits involved in our nickname, "The Crew". Names are drawn each Friday from the gotchas submitted by the students each week. Classroom Volunteers: Every teacher readily accepts parent volunteers in the classroom to help with a variety of tasks. Coaching/Refereeing: We have a number of community volunteers who help with the coaching and refereeing of sporting activities. If you are interested in helping with any of the above-mentioned activities, please contact the school at 782-3983. Snack Program: a snack program in partnership with the Breakfast for Learning Programs permits every student to have a nutritious snack at the beginning of the day.