First Nations, Métis, and Inuit (FNMI)
FNMI Student Advisory Council
Congratulations to the First Nations Metis and Inuit (FNMI) Student Advisory Council of 2011-2012 on a very successful year! Thank you for your commitment and hard work.
FNMI Student Advisory Council 2012-13
The First Nations Métis and Inuit (FNMI) Student Advisory Council is a program to support secondary FNMI students in finding their voice and translating their ideas into action. The Council advises the Board on matters relating to FNMI student engagement, achievement and experiences in education.
- First Nations Métis and Inuit (FNMI) students across the Thames Valley system in grades 10, 11, 12.
Are you interested in applying for this year’s Council?
Why you should apply…
- It is an amazing opportunity for you to voice your opinions and ideas to the Thames Valley District School Board to improve the educational experiences for all FNMI students.
- As a Council you will decide how you would like to structure the group, the goals you would like to approach and how you will reach those goals.
- You will have 8-10 meetings to take action and make a difference.
- All costs including student transportation and meals are covered and organized by the staff at the 4th R program in partnership with TVDSB.
How to apply...
- Inquire at your Guidance Office for the details on how to apply and more information on the Council.
- If you are interested, attend the information meeting hosted by the 4th R staff at your school as this will be a great opportunity for you to ask questions.
This is a great opportunity to share your ideas and create positive change!