East Elgin S.S.
East Elgin Secondary School
362 Talbot St. West
Aylmer, Ontario N5H 1K6
Phone: 519-773-3174 or ext 67350
Attendance Phone: 519-773-3174 ext. 1
East Elgin Secondary School has had several names, but only one location, since the school was founded in 1875. The Aylmer High School District was established by Elgin County Council in January of 1872. High School classes began in 1873 but a building on the present site was not erected until 1886 ( the original round cornerstone from the first building, which was located on John St south, is found at the entrance to the existing school) and classes began in 1876. The building soon became too small for the number of students and another school was built on the same site in 1886. The present site was built on in 1937 and the cornerstone is in the courtyard.
Attendance is recorded every period. Absences for which no verification is provided are documented as an unexplained absence and are automatically added to our call list. To clear up a past absence or to notify us of a future absence, please use our attendance number
24 hour attendance number: 519-773-3174 ext. 1