The Banting library is open throughout the day for students wishing to study, research, or read in an academic environment. We have two complete library collections, one in English, and the other in French, for the use of all students and classes, and one teacher-librarian each period to help with student questions.
1. First and foremost is a consideration of others and their right to a quiet place to learn.
2. Students must be ready to read or study quietly.
3. Study carrels are for individual work only.
4. Tables of four must keep their discussions to a quiet, considerate level.
5. No food or drink is allowed in the library.
Book Borrowing Policy
The Thames Valley District School Board policy on borrowing materials from a school library is as follows:
You may have a total of 5 materials borrowed at any given time.
Only 1 novel may be borrowed from the library, on your account, at any given time.
A maximum of 3 books on one topic, may be borrowed on your account, at any time.
Renewals and Overdue books
Books may be renewed at any time. However, once a book has been requested by another student, you may be unable to renew your book to allow another student the chance to read it.
Books - 21 days
15 cents per item/ per day
If you lose material from the library, you will be charged for the replacement cost.
The lab may be booked by teachers for class use only. There are 8 computers in the library, that are not in the computer lab. These are accessible at any time, with a library pass. There is a printer connected to these computers.